- Chain Reaction exhibition, Kirkaldy Testing Museum, London, UK
- Codex Installation exhibited at St James church, Dry Doddington, UK
- Gaffer Installation exhibited at the Tenderpixel gallery, London, UK
- Falling Sideways Installation exhibited at Ville Franche, France
- Libretto Installation exhibited at the SAS (Society of Animation Studies) Beyond the Frame international conference, Christ Church University, Canterbury UK
- Dandelion Installation exhibited at Galerie Carré Doré, Monaco, part of the ‘New Technologies exhibition’
- Dandelion Installation exhibited at Kinetica Art Fair, London, UK
- The making of Codex (video) at Perception: the artist’s perspective; 2nd Visual Science of Art Conference, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Conversio Installation exhibited the Frequency festival, Posterngate, Lincoln, UK
- Stylus Installation exhibited at Goldsmiths University, London, UK (In collaboration with Martyn Ware)
- Stylus Installation exhibited as part of the Music Tech Festival, Ravensbourne University, London, UK
- One, Two, Three… Installation exhibited at Kinetica Artfair, London, UK
- Prism Installation exhibited at the Nowhere exhibition, St James Church New Cross, London, UK
- Gestalt Circle (video) Annecy, France: CAe International Symposium on Computational Aesthetics in Graphics, Visualization, and Imaging.
- Gestalt Circle Installation exhibited at Kinetica Artfair, London, UK
TALKS and DEMOS
- October, Talk ‘Change made Manifest’ to the Norfolk Contemporary Art Society (NCAS)
- July, Talk and panel discussion entitles ‘Animate the Inanimate’ at the Beyond the Frame international conference, SAS (Society of Animation Studies) , Christ Church university, Canterbury, UK
- June, Talk and Demo at the Art Academy, Borough London, UK
- February, Talk at the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, Kingston University, UK (part of the Talking Heads Lecture series).
- October, Talk: ‘Pinning a Tale: The Screen, The Donkey and the MacGuffin’ for book launch at the Freud Museum, London for the book launch of Embodied Encounters, New Approaches to Psychoanalysis and Film (Routledge, Ed: A. Piotrowska)
- October, Illustrated Talk for the Kinetica Art Fair programme, London
- July, Demo and Talk : ‘Inventing a new medium’ The Thursday Club, Goldsmiths, University of London
- July, Talk : ‘Merz in Flux: How the artist-inventor transforms every conceivable material together for artistic purposes‘. Talk at the Symposium for Material Witness Programme at the Artworkers Guild, London.
- July, Demo and Talk : ‘Engineering the Diasynchronoscope: the next steps’ at EVA (Electronic Visualisation and the Arts) At the BCS, London
- October, Artist’s Talk about Conversio at the Frequency Festival, chaired by Barry Hale, Lincoln
- July, Workshop and demo: ‘The Diasynchronoscope Project: Investigations in Screen-less Apparent Motion’ at EVA (Electronic Visualisation and the Arts) London. ‘; Carol MacGillivray, Bruno Mathez
- April, Talk: ‘One, Two, Three… reviewed’. at Wolf Ollins, (International brand consultants), London
- February, Talk: ‘What the Diasynchronoscope reveals about perception of apparent motion’ at Kinetica in Marylebone, London, with Dr Etienne B. Roesch
- May, Dorkbot talk, The Walker Space, Ravensbourne The Diasynchronoscope project
- February, Panel Discussion, Watermans Gallery for New Media, London International Festival of Digital Arts 2012 – Seminar series on issues arising from new media arts and interactivity. Seminar 2: New media geographies / space, architecture and technology Chaired by Saul Albert – with Ugochukwu-Smooth Nwezi & Emeka Ogboh (One Room Shack Collective) in conversation with Evelyn Owen and Carol MacGillivray & Bruno Mathez
- February, Talk: Gestalt Circle and the Diasynchronoscope Project at Kinetica in Marylebone, London.
MACGILLIVRAY‚ C.‚ MATHEZ‚ B., FOL LEYMARIE‚ F.‚ & ROESCH, E. R. (2013) The Diasynchronoscope: Bringing a new dimension to animation, Published proceedings, Confia, (International Conference on Illustration and Animation), 29-30th Nov 2013, (p 367-379) ISBN: 978-989-97567-6-2
MACGILLIVRAY, C., MATHEZ, B. (2013) Screams of an Acorn – The Diasynchronoscope and new ideas in the morphology of audiovision, Seeing Sound Symposium, Bath, UK: Nov 2013
ROESCH, E. R., MACGILLIVRAY, C., MATHEZ, B. & FOL LEYMARIE, F., (2013) Situating enactive processes or placing the observer back in the scene: a case for the empirical study of perception, AISB Symposium, Exeter. UK: March 2013
MACGILLIVRAY, C., MATHEZ, B. (2012) Developing a system of screen-less animation for experiments in perception of movement in Leonardo Electronic Almanac – LEA Volume 18 No. 3, Touch and Go Volume. Editors: Lanfranco Aceti, Janis Jefferies and Irini Papadimitriou.
MACGILLIVRAY, C., MATHEZ, B. & FOL LEYMARIE, F., (2012) Developing a system of screen-less animation for experiments in perception of movement.Annecy, France: CAe International Symposium on Computational Aesthetics in Graphics, Visualization, and Imaging. June 2012 . D. Cunningham & D.H. House (eds.), Eurographics, 71-80.
MACGILLIVRAY, C. MATHEZ, B., (2012) Co-authored Narrative Experience: Affective, embodied interaction through combining the diachronic with the synchronistic. Wellington, NZ: Desform, 62 – 69.
MACGILLIVRAY, C. (2007). How Psychophysical Perception of Motion and Image relates to Animation Practice. IEEE Computer Society, 4 (International Conference of Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization), 81- 88.